ALL THE GOLF NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT...AND A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT THAT'S NOT

Welcome to The Hosel Rocket, a quasi-definitive and largely unauthorized source of golf information. Any resemblance of the content found on this site to actual journalism, however unlikely, should be considered purely accidental.

12.26.2011

Tommy Says "Have an Awesome 2012!"

"Awesome!"
As we prepare to mark the arrival of another new year, many of us will do so with a myriad of New Year's resolutions both large and small.

If your list includes a resolution to play better golf in 2012, our very own Tomillo "Tommy Awesome" Villegas believes that improving your fitness is the key to improving your game.

"If it wasn't for my commitment to fitness, do you think I'd be able to get into my 'Spiderman' stance to line up my putts?", offered Tomillo to The Hosel Rocket. "How do you think I became the Best Putter in The Club (BPITC), by just falling out of bed? It takes a lot of work, the kind of work that most people don't see."

When pressed for the secrets of his fitness regimen, Tomillo was somewhat evasive, no doubt wanting to avoid revealing anything about his fitness program that might lessen his competitive advantage on the golf course. He did, however, offer some insight.

"The first step in any fitness program is proper hydration. My sports drink of choice is Bud Light Lime, which I enjoy for breakfast over my cornflakes, as well as after a round of golf. I find it refreshing, and full of the complex carbs I need to complete my grueling workouts."

When pressed for details on his workout routine, Tomillo said he's learned over the years that exercise needn't be drudgery to be effective. "You won't find me running on a treadmill like some hamster on a wheel, or lifting weights like Chris Allen and those other poseurs at the fitness center. When I really need to feel the burn, I'd rather feel it doing something that I really enjoy."

It was only after our reporter noticed the Tug Toner logo on his golf bag that the secret to Tomillo's fitness regimen was finally revealed. Please see the following video for a demonstration of this amazing device, and how you, too, can feel just as awesome as Tommy Awesome in 2012.

No comments: