ALL THE GOLF NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT...AND A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT THAT'S NOT

Welcome to The Hosel Rocket, a quasi-definitive and largely unauthorized source of golf information. Any resemblance of the content found on this site to actual journalism, however unlikely, should be considered purely accidental.

6.22.2012

The Next Best Thing to Awesome!

TRUMBULL, CT - Fresh off last week's stunning victory at The Olympic Club, 2012 U.S. Open winner Webb Simpson took time off during this week's Traveler's Championship to announce that he's signed a lucrative endorsement deal with a heretofore unknown golf apparel company based in Texas.

"You win the US Open, and it's amazing the things that start to come your way," offered a humble Simpson. "Though the call from President Obama was nice, as was the offer to appear on Letterman, when I received that collect call from Carrollton, it was like my whole life had changed."

In an exclusive interview obtained by Hosel Rocket roving reporterBill Crowley, Simpson confirmed that he's signed a five-year deal to become the face of Under Awesome, an innovative new line of performance golf apparel developed by Tom Francis. "People kept telling me how awesome I was last week, and it just kind of made sense," mused the new Open champion.

"I thought to myself, why saddle up with those poseurs at Puma like Ricky Fowler did, or like Matt Miller with Travis Mathew when I can wear the real thing? Plus, Tom threw in some neat refrigerator magnets from his investment management firm, and that more or less sealed the deal for me. I feel awesome already, and I haven't even put the stuff on!"

Since today's announcement, the buzz from from the golf world has been incessant, with Golf Channel's Kelly Tillman, golf personality David Feherty, and the omnipresent Jim Nance all working feverishly to obtain an interview from the budding Texas clothing magnet. In a modest effort to deflect attention away from himself and toward his new client, Francis would only offer the following comments to THR.

"They don't call me Tommy Awesome for just any reason, and I thought that my own clothing line made perfect sense for the way I play the game. Like I told my new buddy, Webb, if you can't be totally awesome like me, wearing Under Awesome is the next best thing."

Look for Under Awesome apparel in Wal-Mart, Costco, and finer truck stops everywhere.

No comments: