ALL THE GOLF NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT...AND A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT THAT'S NOT

Welcome to The Hosel Rocket, a quasi-definitive and largely unauthorized source of golf information. Any resemblance of the content found on this site to actual journalism, however unlikely, should be considered purely accidental.

5.31.2012

"What's He Got, Rossy?" "He's Got No Shot, Kenny"

When the pin is back left, the wind is swirling, and your ass is puckered up tighter than a snare drum, selecting the right club to hit on #17 can be a most daunting proposition. As David Oliver demonstrates below, selecting the right club for one's second shot can be even more daunting, with a litany of swing thoughts that can run through one's head:


  • Will the curb come into play on my follow-through, causing the ball to hit me in the nuts?
  • Will the bark embedded in the dimples of the golf ball affect its flight to the hole?
  • Will I be assessed for the damage I caused to the cart when I hit it with my tee shot, knocking the roof off of its moorings?
  • I know one of these assholes has their camera phone out, and I'll probably see it on The Hosel Rocket.

No comments: